The MiniEPIC fins are available in [Black Ed.] or [FLX] construction are designed to be used as either quad rear fins or as a 3 fin thruster set up. Available in 8 sizes, 2 constructions and 3 different bases the MiniEPIC provides riders with a mass of tuning potential. The MiniEPIC expands your options for your Twin, Thruster or Quad boards in a range of conditions. This radical fin is optimized for fast and powerful wave sailing where riders want speed, grip and fast turns. With increased rake and added twist these fins to give increased pivot. Ideally suited to life alongside our popular Thrusters the MiniEPIC is set to electrify your ride. On the wave these fins promote; fast, controlled and confident bottom turns with tight powerful linking top turns. The MiniEPIC is the fin of choice for PWA Aloha Classic champion Morgan Noireaux for both quad and thruster set ups and by 4 x American Windsurfing Tour Champion Ingrid Larouche. Refer to the guides below to select the perfect combination for you board, sail, weight and conditions.
- Extreme speed & maneuverability for aggressive riding
- Increased rake with progressive swept tip for increased control, tracking and maneuverability
- Increased twist for added control at high speeds and tight turns
- Extremely spin-out resistant thanks to our precision CNC engineering & advanced wave foil
- Solid base with a choice of either US, Slot or Mini-Tuttle
- Utilizes the Black Project advanced wave foil technology
- Comes complete with protective foam cover, high quality brass fin plate and screw
- Available in stiffer [Black Ed.] or more flexible [FLX] construction
- Fin of choice for: Morgan Noireaux, Ingrid Larouche & Chris Freeman
|10.5||US/Slot/MT||TBC||[BLACK ED.] & [FLX]||THRUSTER FRONT|
|11.5||US/Slot/MT||77||[BLACK ED.] & [FLX]||THRUSTER FRONT|
|12.5||US/Slot/MT||91||[BLACK ED.] & [FLX]||THRUSTER FRONT|
|13.5||US/Slot/MT||98||[BLACK ED.] & [FLX]||QUAD & THRUSTER REAR|
|14.5||US/Slot/MT||105||[BLACK ED.] & [FLX]||QUAD & THRUSTER REAR|
|15.5||US/Slot/MT||120||[BLACK ED.] & [FLX]||QUAD & THRUSTER REAR|
|16.5||US/Slot/MT||136||[BLACK ED.] & [FLX]||THRUSTER REAR & TWIN|
|17.5||US/Slot/MT||153||[BLACK ED.] & [FLX]||THRUSTER REAR & TWIN|
|BOARD TYPE||BOARD SIZE||SAIL SIZE||REAR FIN(S)||FRONT FINS||TOTAL AREA|
|Thruster||65 – 75||3.5 – 4.5||14.5 x 1||2 x 10 Thruster||229|
|Thruster||70 – 80||4.0 – 5.0||14.5 x 1||2 x 10.5||TBC|
|Thruster||75 – 85||4.5 – 5.5||15.5 x 1||2 x 11.5||274|
|Thruster||80 – 90||5.0 – 5.5||16.5 x 1||2 x 11.5||290|
|Thruster||85 – 95||5.3 – 6.0||17.5 x 1||2 x 12.5||335|
|Quad||65 – 75||3.5 – 4.5||13.5 x 2||2 x 8 Thruster||288|
|Quad||70 – 80||4.0 – 5.0||14.5 x 2||2 x 9 Thruster||302|
|Quad||75 – 85||4.5 – 5.5||15.5 x 2||2 x 9 Thruster||348|
|Quad||80 – 90||5.0 – 5.5||15.5 x 2||2 x 10 Thruster||364|
|Quad||85 – 95||5.3 – 6.0||16.5 x 2||2 x 10 Thruster||396|
|Twin||65 – 75||3.5 – 4.5||14.5 x 2||N/A||210|
|Twin||70 – 80||4.0 – 5.0||15.5 x 2||N/A||240|
|Twin||75 – 85||4.5 – 5.5||15.5 x 2||N/A||240|
|Twin||80 – 90||5.0 – 5.5||16.5 x 2||N/A||272|
|Twin||85 – 95||5.3 – 6.0||17.5 x 2||N/A||306|
Things to consider when choosing your fin combo:
- Fin recommendations are based on Expert riders, advanced riders should select one size bigger.
- Select one size bigger for strong currents and onshore wind.
- Chart is based on an average weight 80kg (175lbs), lighter riders may go one size smaller and heavier one size bigger.
- Multi-fin combinations is largely based on rider style, board and conditions, please ask for advice and we will be happy to advise you on the most suitable set up.
- Refer to the set up guides for advice:
Video: PWA Aloha Classic Champion Morgan Noireaux (MiniEPIC)