The MiniEPIC expands your options for your Twin, Thruster or Quad boards. This radical fin is optimized for fast and powerful wave sailing where riders want speed, grip and fast turns. With increased rake and added twist these fins increase your multi-fin options as a Black Project rider. Ideally suited to life alongside our popular Thrusters the MiniEPIC is set to electrify your ride. On the wave these fins promote; fast, controlled and confident bottom turns with tight powerful linking top turns. You will need to have speed and to drive these fins hard to get the best results. The MiniEPIC is the fin of choice for Pro Team rider Morgan Noireaux as his rear quad fins and by 3 x American Windsurfing Tour Champion Ingrid Larouche on both her quad and thruster boards. To further increase your tuning options the MiniEPIC is available in three constructions: G10, Black Ed & [FLX] Edition. Refer to the guides below to select the perfect combination for you board, sail, weight and conditions.
- Extreme speed & maneuverability for aggressive riders
- Increased rake with progressive swept tip for increased control, tracking and maneuverability
- Increased twist for added control at high speeds and tight turns
- Extremely spin-out resistant thanks to our precision CNC engineering & advanced wave foil
- Solid G-10 base with a choice of either US, Slot or Mini-Tuttle
- Utilizes the Black Project advanced wave foil technology
- Comes complete with protective foam cover, high quality brass fin plate and screw
- Available in G10, Black Ed., or [FLX] Edition
- Fin of choice for: Morgan Noireaux, Ingrid Larouche & Chris Freeman
|BOARD TYPE||BOARD SIZE||SAIL SIZE||BACK FIN(s)||FRONT FINS||TOTAL AREA|
|Thruster||65 – 75||3.5 – 4.5||14.5 x 1||2 x 10 Thruster||229|
|Thruster||70 – 80||4.0 – 5.0||14.5 x 1||2 x 11 Thruster||253|
|Thruster||75 – 85||4.5 – 5.5||15.5 x 1||2 x 11.5||274|
|Thruster||80 – 90||5.0 – 5.5||16.5 x 1||2 x 11.5||290|
|Thruster||85 – 95||5.3 – 6.0||17.5 x 1||2 x 12.5||335|
|Quad||65 – 75||3.5 – 4.5||13.5 x 2||2 x 8 Thruster||288|
|Quad||70 – 80||4.0 – 5.0||14.5 x 2||2 x 9 Thruster||302|
|Quad||75 – 85||4.5 – 5.5||15.5 x 2||2 x 9 Thruster||348|
|Quad||80 – 90||5.0 – 5.5||15.5 x 2||2 x 10 Thruster||364|
|Quad||85 – 95||5.3 – 6.0||16.5 x 2||2 x 10 Thruster||396|
|Twin||65 – 75||3.5 – 4.5||14.5 x 2||N/A||210|
|Twin||70 – 80||4.0 – 5.0||15.5 x 2||N/A||240|
|Twin||75 – 85||4.5 – 5.5||15.5 x 2||N/A||240|
|Twin||80 – 90||5.0 – 5.5||16.5 x 2||N/A||272|
|Twin||85 – 95||5.3 – 6.0||17.5 x 2||N/A||306|
Things to consider when choosing your fin combo:
- Fin recommendations are based on Expert riders, advanced riders should select one size bigger.
- Select one size bigger for strong currents and onshore wind.
- Chart is based on an average weight 80kg (175lbs), lighter riders may go one size smaller and heavier one size bigger.
- Multi-fin combinations is largely based on rider style, board and conditions, please ask for advice and we will be happy to advise you on the most suitable set up.
- Refer to the set up guides for advice: